The famous penguin parade will lure you to Phillip island but Oceania's Phillip Island Tour will allow you to discover so much more, including: Churchill Island, the Koala Conservation Centre, Nobbies, the seaside town of Cowes and of course, the island’s black tie gala event: the Penguin Parade.
English (German, Spanish and Italian also available)
1300-1400 hrs* from last hotel or Eureka Tower (see seasonal timings)
2030-2330 hrs* at hotel
Your unforgettable day will commence with a visit to the tiny Churchill Island, a historic working farm where you can discover first-hand the lives of the first settlers to this region. At the Koala Conservation Centre, you are guaranteed a close-up encounter with these furry little fellas in their natural habitat, and you are likely to meet some wallabies and echidnas along the way.
At the Nobbies, you will stroll along the boardwalk to experience the waves crashing along this dramatic coastline and perhaps spot a few seals and some penguin nests. If you travel with us in the summer, you will have some free time in the town of Cowes where you might like to walk along the beach or pier, do some shopping or try some local seafood (not included). In winter there will be some time before the Penguin Parade at the visitor centre to have a snak.
A trip to Phillip Island is not complete without its black tie gala event: the Penguin Parade. You will head to the Visitor Centre to shop, have a coffee and meander along the boardwalk to the viewing platform where you will see the little penguins come ashore, decked out in their tuxedos as they hurry off to find their burrows.
Travelling after April 2018 ?
We are introducing a brand new Phillip Island tour itinerary including:
- A visit to the iconic Moonlit Sanctuary Conservation Park
- A visit to Woolamai Surf Beach (weather permitting)
- The Nobbies
- The Penguin Parade at Phillip Island Nature Park
- Departure and return times will remain the same (with the same seasonal variations)
* Warm and waterproof clothing is recommended.
*Seasonal Timings: During summer/daylight savings (1st weekend October- 1st weekend April) : Pick up from last hotel approx 1400 Return between 2300 and 2330 In winter (all other times of the year) Pick up from last hotel approx 1300 We drive back to Melbourne straight after the Penguin Parade. This tour does not run on 25 Dec, 31 Dec
Upgrade Options at the Penguin Parade
* Penguin Plus, includes entrance to a separate viewing platform to one side of the beach, limited to 300 people.
* Underground viewing (lets you enjoy close-up viewing of small penguins through an underground, protected viewing window), limited to 70 people.
* Ranger-Guided Tour (in English) via headset. Binoculars included.
* VIP box - access to a small viewing cabin for a maximum of 10 adults where you can help the ranger count the penguins, includes drinks and fingerfood.