The famous penguin parade will lure you to the island but the Phillip Island Tour with Oceania Tours will allow you to discover so much more, including: Moonlit Sanctuary, the Nobbies, Woolamai Surf beach (time permitting) and of course, the island’s black tie gala event: the Penguin Parade.
English (German, Spanish and Italian also available)
1300-1400 hrs* from last hotel or Eureka Tower (see seasonal timings)
2030-2330 hrs* at hotel
Your unforgettable day will commence with a visit to Moonlit Sanctuary Conservation Park where you are guaranteed plenty of close encounters with an array of Australian native animals like kangaroos, wombats and echidnas.
We will then head to Phillip Island where, time/season permitting, we will take you to Woolamai Surf Beach to catch a glimpse of the awesome waves and die-hard surfers. We then travel over to the dramatic west coast of the island.
At the Nobbies, you will stroll along the boardwalk to experience the waves crashing along this dramatic coastline and perhaps spot a few seals and some penguin nests.
A trip to Phillip Island is not complete without its black tie gala event: the Penguin Parade. You will head to the Visitor Centre to shop, have a coffee and meander along the boardwalk to the viewing platform where you will see the little penguins come ashore, decked out in their tuxedos as they hurry off to find their burrows.
* Warm and waterproof clothing is recommended.
*Seasonal Timings: During summer/daylight savings (1st weekend October- 1st weekend April) : Pick up from last hotel approx 1400 Return between 2300 and 2330 In winter (all other times of the year) Pick up from last hotel approx 1300 We drive back to Melbourne straight after the Penguin Parade. This tour does not run on 25 Dec, 31 Dec
Upgrade Options at the Penguin Parade
* Penguin Plus, includes entrance to a separate viewing platform to one side of the beach, limited to 300 people.
* Underground viewing (lets you enjoy close-up viewing of small penguins through an underground, protected viewing window)
* Ranger-Guided Tour (in English) via headset. Binoculars included.
* VIP box - access to a small viewing cabin for a maximum of 10 adults where you can help the ranger count the penguins, includes drinks and fingerfood.